Monday 23 February 2015

Insight: Kannawidan Ylocos Festival

“KANNAWIDAN”, the Iloko Foundation of Arts and Culture.


        Kannawidan is a variant of the Ilocano “tawid” which means heritage or inheritance. An esteemed and respected cultural foundation of Ilocanos who hold a deep respect for our heritage, instilling pride and sense of identity among all Ilocanos committed to ensure the conversion, preservation and promotion of the Iloko cultural artistic, historical and intellectual heritage.They wanted to revitalize in the youth and the generations of the future the pride of their heritage.   The magnificent idea developed and is now a living reality, KANNAWIDAN, the Iloko Foundation of Arts and Culture. When I was a kid, I never really knew the true importance of this festival. All I knew was that my parents take me to Vigan every year to watch shows and programs. It is where Yloko culture and tradition is at its best. In other words, it is a showcase – “A Showcase of Culture and Tradition”. Although    I am not really fund of parties and get-togethers, I often go with my family to check out the Kannawidan annually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment